As a first-time homebuyer, it's normal to be anxious about what to expect during potentially the largest transaction of your life. Throughout this process, you're likely to run into issues you never thought about, like what if the home does not meet appraisal or needing to hire someone to perform an inspection. You'll have at least one, if not many more, contracts to review, too.
Why Should You Work With A Real Estate Attorney During The Homebuying Process?
One of the main reasons to hire an attorney is because you need to protect yourself and your rights. It's easy to make mistakes as a first-time buyer, such as not thoroughly reading a contract before signing it or signing the wrong type of contract to protect your rights prior to an inspection.
Real Estate Attorneys can do several things for homebuyers, including:
- Helping you decide if you want to work with a realtor or handle the transaction by yourself.
- Help you draft offers, strategize with you to make bids that more likely to be taken seriously in this competitive Oklahoma real estate market with low inventory.
- Help you understand what the contract obligations are.
- Review title commitments and closing documents to make sure you realize what the documents are signing.
- Helping buyers avoid discrimination when buying a home.