Deciding To Get A Divorce Is A Major Decision That Will Impact You For Years To Come
When you see so many different attorneys advertising, how do you possibly know what lawyer is right for you? I often tell people finding the right divorce attorney is like finding the right pair of shoes. Not all shoes fit every person, that is why they come in different, shapes, styles, and sizes. Same thing can be said for divorce attorneys. The first thing you need to decide is what type of personality do you want your divorce attorney to have. Note, this is someone that you need to be comfortable sharing your most uncomfortable moments and deepest secrets with. Your attorney will be your advocate and voice in court. The lawyer you choose will also be your voice of reason to help you stay focused on what is in your best interest moving forward. A lot of attorneys in Oklahoma know the law and judges you will potentially be assigned to, but only you can decide who you connect with the best. So, we recommend interviewing attorneys and asking them questions to get an idea of how you connect and communicate. Below, are a few examples of questions to ask:
- Is it ok for me to call or text you outside of the typical 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. workday?
- How long does it take you to return phone calls?
- Based on what you know about my case, how would you expect a judge to rule on it?
- How do you charge me?
- What is your philosophy on communication with your clients?
- Will you tell me ways I can reduce the cost of my divorce?
- In addition to your fee, what other professionals will I need to hire and how much will that cost me?
- Do you believe in mediation? What do you believe to be the advantages and disadvantages of mediation?
- How do you approach the discovery phase of litigation?
- Tell me about yourself personally, so, I can figure out if we can work together?
Yes, Hayes Legal Solutions, PLLC can answer all these questions during your free 15-minute exploratory phone conversation with us. Reach out to Hayes Legal Solutions, PLLC today at 405-635-5578 or directly book your appointment on our website. www.hayeslegalsolutions.com