For better or worse, it is commonly known in the divorce industry that business often picks up after credit card bills from Valentine's day start coming in March. It brings up a good question, why do so many men and women cheat and get caught cheating around holidays?
Holidays Bring High Expectations
Christmas has the reputation of being a holiday that brings people together, even those that are having major matrimonial problems often try to stay together for the kids or fear of being alone. Excessive spending to overcompensate for underlying marital problems is common. The bottom line is holidays often exacerbate underlying problems in relationships.
Unlike Christmas, Valentine's day often brings forth thoughts of the "grass is greener" on the other side mentality. Valentine's day has a mystique about it that often results in people having fantasies about what a relationship should look like. Often these fantasies result in the cheater getting sloppy hiding the affair. With the technology today, it can be very easy to catch your spouse stepping out on you. Both spouses often have access to credit card statements and bank statements on-line. Sometimes extra spending on meals, jewelry, trips, or flowers can indicate a problem may exist. Seeing your spouse spend money on someone other than you is sometimes the breaking point in a marriage.
Tips For Helping Determine If Your Spouse Is Having An Affair
- Pay special attention to financial records to make sure you know how money is being spent
- If your spouse suddenly changes the passwords for you to not have access to financial information or credit cards, this can be an indication of a problem
- Passwords on cell phones change
- Business travel increase
- Too much activity in the bedroom or nothing in the bedroom
Strategies to Help You Be Prepared To Re-Enter The Workforce If You Have Been A Stay At Home Mom or Dad
- Start reconnecting with your old network before you actually need to ask for help
- Think about additional skills you have developed while managing the responsibilities of child rearing and think about how they could be transferred to a job
- Join networking groups in your old field or a new field that you have interest in
- Look for on-line training opportunities to sharpen your skill.
- Think about people you have met while volunteering for kid's activities and potentially reach out to
If you are faced with a situation where your spouse cheated on you and feel like your marriage is over, Hayes Legal Solutions, PLLC is here to be the rational, level-headed voice to help you get the new beginning you deserve. Reach out to us today to schedule your divorce consultation at 405-635-5578. Appointments can also be made online.